Monday, March 14, 2011

NEW print: Introducing "SWANS"

I've been a little bit quiet on the blog front lately. For the past few weeks, I tried to focus solely on design. It is so easy to get side tracked by so many other things like Twitter, other blogs etc. Just wanted to block all of that out and draw for a change! So this is the first in a bunch of new designs. Hoping to get them onto fabric soon for cushion covers, tea towels and more. 

Silkscreen printed by hand on white 220gsm paper in bright red and hot pink water based ink. Graphic repeat pattern of hand drawn geometric style swans. The swan is such an elegant, graceful creature and I love simplifying these shapes to create a balanced, colourful image. I've printed them in two more colourways, so will introduce them later this week. Hope you like my "Swans"!

Available in the Mengsel Shop and my Etsy Shop.






1 comment:

  1. I do love the swans, they really remind me of a rubik snake that was the follow up to the cube. You couldn't take the stickers off that one!

    ReplyDelete